- This course is for those who have had at least 50 previous class hours of Japanese language study.
- Besides simple everyday conversation, candidates for this class should be able to make basic responses even if they cannot fully and correctly express themselves yet.
- Focus and Achievement Goals
- The main focus is on conversation, but writing and reading skills are required.
- Using various verb forms.
- Using both polite and casual language and expressions in daily conversation.
- Using expressions of comparison (... yori ... no hou ga ...), experience（...ta koto ga arimasu）, advice（...ta hou ga iidesu. ...nai hou ga iidesu.）, reported speech（... to itte imashita.）, thought（... to omoimasu）, etc.
- "Japanese for Busy People Vol.2" (by Kodansha International)
with Audio CD
- Program of study
|１||1-4||“somewhere, anything, anyone...” (dokoka, nanika, dareka...)|
“I would like ...” (...ga ii desu.)
Comparisons (...yori ...no hou ga ..., ...no naka de ...ga ichiban....)
“try” (...te mimasu.)
|２||4-7||I would like to .. but...?.”(...tain desu ga....)|
Comparisons (...wa...yori ...., ...wa... de ... ichiban....)
“choosing and decision” (...ni shimasu.)
|３||8-11||Connecting noun sentences (...de, ...desu.) |
Connective form of adjectives (...kute, ...de)
Completion and result (...te imasu.)
“go to do ...” (...ni ikimasu.)
|4||11-14||Plain present forms (Dictionary form, Nai-form)|
[verb] + ndesu.
“...times per...” (...ni...kai)
|5||15-17||Plain past forms (Ta-form, “Nakatta”-form)|
Experience (...ta koto ga arimasu.)
|6||18-21||Adverbs (...ku, ...ni)|
“go, do something and return” (...te kimasu.)
“should do, should not do” (...ta hou ga ii desu／...nai hou ga ii desu.)
“not yet” (mada...te imasen.)
[adj./noun] + ndesu.
|7||21-24||“before” ([dictionary form] + mae ni)|
“after” (...te kara)
“when” ([noun] no toki, [adj.] toki)
|8||24-27||“[adv.]+become” (...ku/ni narimasu)|
“when” ([verb] + toki)
Plain forms of adjectives and of nouns (Oishii. Benri da. Ame da.)
“I think ...” (...to omoimasu.)
“... said” (...to itte imashita.)
|9||1-3||Modifying the noun (Patii ni kita hito)|
Nominalizing sentences ([verb] + no)
Potential form (nomemasu, taberaremasu)
|11||7-10||Volitional form (...u/you to omotte imasu.)|
Te-form indicating reason (...te/de)
Quoted yes/no question (...ka/...ka dou ka)
|12||10-13||Expressing uncertainty (...kamo shire masen.)|
|13||14-17||Describing a change in state (...te kimashita.)|
Regret/completion (...te shimaimashita.)
|15||21-24||“when, if” (...to)|
“have to” (...nakereba narimasen.)
- One lesson is 90 min., 3,880 yen.
- No Registration Fee
- The minimum number of students for each class is two. Maximum is four. A group lesson can be started whenever two students are enrolled.
- Have no one to study with? No problem. We'll match you up with a student of the similar level who can work on the same schedule as you.
- Fixed schedule course.
|Two times a week||about 3.5 months
|Three times a week||about 2 months
|Two times a week||3 months
|Three times a week||2 months
- 1. Please make an appointment.
- Please use inquiry form below or Call 03-3493-3727.
- 2. Interview and level check
- We will then explain our courses.
If this is your first time Japanese learning, we will find someone at the same level for group.
[Yes] → Free trial lesson → Start
[No] → Waiting list → Free trial lesson → Start
If you have learned Japanese, you will be asked to take a level check.
We will then make a lesson plan and find a suitable class for your level and schedule.
[yes] → Free trial lesson (Observe a class) → Join
[No] → Waiting list → Free trial lesson → Join
- "I enjoy my lessons very much and I am happy with my progress. My teacher is very good and so are the materials we use in class. The office staff are also always friendly and helpful."
- "Good, my teacher is really nice and patient."
- "MLC seemed very organized with both a written and an oral level test to ensure I’d be placed properly, and the trial lesson was helpful to understand what to expect. I also liked how MLC matched both my level of Japanese, and my schedule for a group class."
- "MLC has the best facilities, schedule flexibility, cost level of all the school I visited."